Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Staring into the fridge....

The dreaded dinner time. I didn't get to the grocery store this weekend since we were visiting with my parents, and after eating out from Fr-day-Sunday for almost every meal, the thought of doing takeout make me cringe. So I did the "stare" (when you open up the fridge door and you just stare). I saw cheese, yogurt, bread, carrots, ground turkey and something that I think was growing legs. I knew I had frozen chicken but to defrost it would take time, so ground turkey was the winner!

Now what? Turkey burgers? Turkey meatloaf? Chili? All very good contenders but I had an urge to try something a bit new (At least for the family). So here's what I did:

Cooked the ground turkey in a pan (just added a little water, salt, pepper and minced garlic)
Then boiled some whole wheat pasta
Microwaved some frozen spinach
Threw it all in a casserole dish
Covered it with tomato sauce and shredded cheese and baked it at 375 for 20 minutes

It ended up being super flavorful and had leftovers for lunch the next day which is a major plus!
 Here's a pic of what the end result was:

No comments:

Post a Comment